Calendar of events and meetings
- 2525.November.SundayNo events
The international conferences on human rights education (ICHRE) are a series of dialogues on HRE as a means of promoting democracy, the rule of law, justice, and intercultural and social harmony. The 9th ICHRE will coincide with, and celebrate, the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the 25th anniversary of the education-oriented Vienna Declaration and Programme of Action.
This conference will cover the range of human rights education (HRE) issues such as curricula, pedagogy and best practices, including in the context of discrimination faced by First Nation peoples, women, children, persons with disabilities, LGBTIQ communities and those of refugee and minority cultural and religious backgrounds. Contemporary challenges to regional and national HRE and how to effectively address them will also be considered.
Underpinning the 9th ICHRE will be the cross-cutting theme of how HRE can develop and strengthen civil society. The need for HR capacity building in communities, business, civil service and education is well accepted. Much has been done to improve knowledge and education about the principles of human rights globally. Human rights education (HRE) continues to be advanced throughout the Asia Pacific region. But there is still work to do to embed these principles into everyday thinking where they can underpin civil society and protect the rights of individuals and communities.
The Conference is an opportunity to:
• learn about the latest research, practices and trends in HRE;
• participate in thought-provoking and practical paper and workshop presentations;
• strengthen practical skills through HRE workshops;
• share information and experiences on HRE;
• engage with a grassroots movement which is dedicated to improving HRE; and
• foster contacts and networks and explore partnerships and collaboration.
The Conference will be attended by some 400 HRE experts, international decision makers, thought leaders, government and civil society representatives, academia and members of the private sector.
- 2727.November.TuesdayNo events
- 2828.November.WednesdayNo events
- 2929.November.ThursdayNo events
- 3030.November.FridayNo events
- 0101.December.SaturdayNo events